- Lower self-heating or temperature rise per watt
- Low TCR and Low EMF for greater thermal stability
- Excellent overload and surge current handling capabilities
More Features of PRC's Current-Sensing Shunts:
- Dependable and repeatable measurements under load - Without this feature the voltage drop across a low value element will no longer be a linear function of current.
- Thru-Hole or SMD Designs - (1) are ideal in amplifier circuits and accurate voltage drop applications. (2) Offer excellent thermal transfer to base and better overload and surge current handling capabilities
- Hot-Tinned Copper Terminals - for better solder wetting, longer shelf life and higher current-carrying capacities.
- Lower Ohmic Values - to one milliohm (0.001) ... and closer resistance tolerances to ±0.005%.
- Very Low TCR Characteristics - 0±15ppm (Standard) - and Special TCRs to 0±10ppm for operation over a wider temperature span and provide greater stability under load
- Low Thermal EMF Construction - 1microvolt/°C. with respect to the copper terminals. This low EMF construction together with PRC's "single-joint" 4-terminal design will eliminate "lead-out" resistance variations, contact resistance and annoying thermal electric effects generally associated with very low resistance values.
- Perform like - a "precision instrument"
Why is Stability Vs. Time so important?
- Stability is the quality to resist permanent change ... and must be designed into the parts from the start. It is very difficult to stabilize or condition a general-purpose resistor and be confident that it will meet a critical application.
- All stability specs at PRC are designed for precise requirements - even if you specify 1% resistance tolerances.
- Low EMF construction with respect to the copper terminals is Standard at PRC. .
PRC Tips: CURRENT SENSING SMD SHUNTS SPEC SHEET (PDF)